GLARE, SCRATCH, AND SMUDGE RESISTANT
DISCOVER THE CRIZAL® DIFFERENCE
Crizal® Anti-Glare coating gives you the clearest vision possible, so you’re ready for whatever comes your way—glare, scratches, smudges, and even UV light.
THE BENEFITS OF CRIZAL®
ENHANCE YOUR VISION
Crizal® coating offers advanced protection against the many enemies of clear vision. A powerhouse of anti-glare, smudge resistant, and scratch resistant technologies. Crizal® can help you achieve clarity of vision.
PROTECT YOUR EYES
Let the sunshine in and keep UV rays out. Crizal® coating helps by protecting your eyes from UV rays with the E-SPF® index and filters blue-violet light* (depending on the coating selected). Whether you’re working in front of a computer screen or enjoying an afternoon in nature, you can rest assured your precious eyes will stay safe.
Lenses with the different Crizal coatings
FOR DURABILITY LIKE NEVER BEFORE2
Crizal® Rock™ coating offers the best combination against scratches and smudges3 thanks to a unique technology to protect your lenses. Whatever the situation, from the ordinary to the extraordinary, incidents and bad habits will no longer have the same impact on the lens, leaving you free to live your life however you’d like. No need to choose between ease of cleaning and scratch resistance.
A NEARLY INVISIBLE LENS
The Crizal® Sapphire™HR coating enhancement is designed to reduce reflections no matter where the light originates: from the front, from behind, or from the side. It offers best-in-class transparency4 for optimal clarity of vision and aesthetics.
CLEAR AND COMFORTABLE VISION
Between sunlight, indoor lighting, and most digital screens, blue-violet light surrounds you every day. Help stay protected with lenses that filter blue-violet light⁵ while still allowing beneficial blue-turquoise light to pass through. Learn more about Crizal® Prevencia® lenses.
DURABLE AND EASIER TO CLEAN
Ordinary lenses don’t stay clean and clear. These lenses are easier to clean and come with scratch protection for increased durability.
EXCELLENT VISION FOR ALL SUNGLASSES
Coating designed for sun lenses offers superior protection against scratches, spots and water on both surfaces of the lens with excellent protection against reflection on the back surface of the lens, plus maximized UV protection with the E-SPF® 50+ index. Learn more about how you can enhance your Xperio® sun lenses with Crizal® Sun UV™’s many benefits.
COMPARE THE BENEFITS
WANT TO BUY ESSILOR LENSES?
Find an eyecare professional. Enter your postal code below to find a location near you.
(1) E-SPF® is an index certifying the overall UV protection of a lens. E-SPF® was developed by Essilor International and endorsed by third party experts. The E-SPF® index relates to lens performance only and excludes direct eye exposure that depends on external factors (wearer’s morphology, frame shape, position of wear). *Except Orma E-SPF® 10 index.
(2) Within Crizal® Range - External laboratory tests and internal technical tests in 2019 – compared to all previous generations of Crizal® coatings.
(3) External laboratory tests and internal technical tests in 2019. Combination here defined as the merger of 2 distinct criteria which are scratch resistance and smudge resistance - Crizal® Rock™ rated best on smudge resistance and equal on scratch resistance, compared to the most known lens brands by consumers (MSW brand tracking 2018 in 17 countries). Scratch resistance may vary depending on lens configuration.
(4) Perceived transparency and invisibility based on Wearers Test 2017 (Fr) N=50 - resulting from a better perception of the anti-reflective feature. Best in class: among the best within a certain category.
*Blue-violet light is between 400 and 455nm as stated by ISO TR20772:2018
(+) Enduring scratch resistance (External laboratory tests and internal technical tests in 2019, compared to all previous generations of Crizal® coatings, and among the most known lens brands by consumers (MSW brand tracking 2018 in 17 countries).
(5) Crizal Prevencia coating filters 20% of blue-violet light (between 400-455 nm as stated by ISO TR 20772:2018).